Alcohol is widely used, with binge drinking and alcohol consumption especially common among high school and college students and young adults. While most people who drink do not become dependent on alcohol, even casual drinkers are at risk for suffering from the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.\r\nHowever, habitual users are more likely to experience alcohol poisoning. Although some symptoms of alcohol poisoning may not require medical intervention, they can result in fatal consequences. Symptoms of alcohol poisoning may be difficult to spot, especially if you are in a public or crowded environment, such as a large bar or a big house party.\r\nAlcohol poisoning is becoming a more visible problem, especially among young adults and college students. Underage drinkers are at an increased risk for serious symptoms of alcohol poisoning. This is because they may be fearful of getting into trouble or receiving an underage drinking citation.\r\nIdentifying the symptoms of alcohol poisoning and receiving immediate treatment is very important because it can prevent serious health problems and even death.\r\n\r\nSymptoms of Alcohol Poisoning\r\nAlcohol poisoning occurs when you drink too much alcohol. Alcohol contains ethanol, which acts as a neurotoxin and high blood alcohol levels can result in death. You can still be at risk for alcohol poisoning even after you stop drinking because it takes the body at least 30-40 minutes to process and metabolize one drink. Raising your blood alcohol level too quickly can result in alcohol poisoning, which can be fatal without medical treatment.\r\nThe most common critical symptoms of alcohol poisoning include:\r\n\r\n\r\n \tSevere vomiting\r\n \tDifficulty breathing\r\n \tMental confusion\r\n \tSeizures\r\n \tHypothermia and an extremely low body temperature\r\n \tDepressed heart rate\r\n \tDifficulty remaining conscious\r\n\r\nTreating Alcohol Poisoning\r\nAlcohol poisoning symptoms can be severe and critical symptoms require medical treatment. If symptoms of alcohol abuse are not severe, it is important to hydrate and stay awake in order to help your body\u2019s blood alcohol level return to normal. Blood alcohol levels above .30% can lead to severe health risks, including hypothermia, seizures, and death. If you fall asleep while experiencing alcohol poisoning, you could experience respiratory failure or suffocate while attempting to vomit.\r\nWhen you receive a medical intervention, the hospital may pump your stomach in order to remove alcohol from your system. It is also common for hospitals to provide intravenous fluids to help combat alcohol poisoning symptoms. In other cases, doctors may insert a tube in your windpipe to improve breathing.\r\nAfter recovering from alcohol poisoning, you may experience nausea, headaches, fatigue and stomach cramps.\r\n\r\nFinding Help for Alcoholism\r\nSymptoms of alcohol poisoning are severe and can be fatal. If you have experienced alcohol poisoning multiple times, or are struggling to control your drinking, it may be time to start reviewing potential treatment options. Beaches Recovery, the best alcohol addiction treatment Jacksonville FL offers, has extensive experience treating alcoholism and withdrawal. Call us today at <a href='tel:8666050532'>866.605.0532</a> for more information about how our nationally recognized treatment programs can help you or a loved one.